Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a week!

This past week was amazing to say the least! It started off like any other then deteriorated quickly as both my wife and I got sick and I missed two days of work. It quickly turned around when two of my high school wrestlers made it to the finals match of the 4A 189 lb. and 5A 215 lb. divisions. Aaron Kuttler (189) of East High School won his title match 9 to 3 against Joseph Carley of Mountain Crest becoming the first East High state champion in years! Lars Oveson (215) of Alta High School fought a tough battle against returning champion Dustin Dennison of Pleasant Grove losing in overtime. Both of our athletes put on a great performance and made me proud!

Then Saturday night, Koffi "The Lion King" Adzitso, went up against Brandon "The Murderer" Melendez for the PSUAC Welterweight Utah State Championship. Many believed that Melendez would win easily over Koffi...we knew that would not be the case. We had a game plan that included attacking our opponent's weaknesses and playing to our strengths. Koffi executed beautifully and won by TKO in the first round!

Koffi has made huge improvements the past year since training with us. His recent wins over Kevin Burns (UFC Veteran) and now Brandon Melendez (TUF Finalist) solidify what I already knew...Koffi is one tough competitor!

This was a great week for me as a coach to be able to see the success of my athletes and also to re-solidify that the technique I teach and the stategies we employ work across the board and at the highest levels.

Click here to see our wrestlers in action.

Click here to see Koffi pre and post fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment