Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

2010 NAGA World Champion

December 18th my wife and I traveled to Forth Worth Texas so that I could compete in the 2010 NAGA Grappling World Championships. I was able to win the semifinal match with a front choke submission in the first minute! I won the final match by decision in a technical battle of positioning and conditioning. I had a great time competing and won a beautiful NAGA World Championship belt.

The event was huge with adults competing on Saturday and the kids competing on Sunday. There were literally thousands of people in attendance between competitors and spectators. NAGA puts on a great event and their staff is great to work with. Their events are quickly becoming one of my new favorites to compete in.

Preparing for the event I incorporated a lot of the things I talk about on my website. Specifically I had been focusing on a core group of techniques for the past six months. I also utilized Cross Fit style workouts to help my conditioning the last 4-6 weeks leading up to the tournament. I also used the bike inner tubes and swiss ball training like I usually do. To top it all off I wasn't without my game plan which was pretty simple and to the point. I made sure to write it down and keep it with me during the competition to help with the final pre-match mental preparations.

Here is a picture of me and my belts (UCE Grappling Championships on my waist, NAGA West Coast Championships on my left and NAGA World Championships on my right).

No comments:

Post a Comment